Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bring on Fall

I love that I live in a location where the seasons change. There are new things to look forward to with every year. A change in wardrobe, a change in scenery, a change in fresh foods, a change in activities.

In the Fall, I look forward to the changing leaves, fires, sweatshirts, running/walking outside in good weather, squash and apple pie, football...

SIDE NOTE: Before anyone calls foul on me for that one, yes I am not a big football fan. But I like what football season means and that is hanging out with friends during the game, the food, Sunday's being lazy and laying on the couch, fantasy football with friends and tailgating. If I happen to catch some of the game during that, we llthen bonus.

But what I really look forward to most has just arrived!!!


My two favorite fall companion guides


The Old Testament and The New Testament otherwise known as Vogue and Lucky.


I was a subscriber to Vogue for over 10 years through high school, college and beyond. Then I let it pass deciding that I could get by on the Spring and Fall issues alone. When Lucky came out it was the perfect balance of wearable, somewhat sensibly priced (better than Vogue anyway), easy to find fashion. I've kind of been off magazines in general for a while because I feel they are too predictable and too frequent for my lifestyle. But I can still enjoy a good read like these twice a year!

I usually take 2-4 hours thumbing through EVERY SINGLE PAGE making notes, ripping out pages, using the handy-dandy "YES" and "MAYBE" stickers provided by Lucky for items that I want, nay, NEED to add to my wardrobe for the next season. This year is all fanciful dreaming since none of that stuff is going to fit. But maybe I can fandangle a few ideas into some cute maternity outfits.

Either way I can't wait until this weekend when it will just be me, the magazines and hope for a wonderful fall season.

No comments: