Monday, March 23, 2009

Merry Christmas

Oh wait, what day is it today? My brain is in a complete fog of all the last minute wedding details that need to be wrapped up. I have a list. It's all written down, yet somehow everything keeps spinning through my mind. My parents are in town now and have their own sets of to do lists to keep them busy while I'm at work. And really, there is absolutely no way I would get this stuff done if I didn't have them here.

Last week I managed to complete my training for the week. I love it when I can follow the plan exactly. This week, I have to do the same, if not only to keep my sanity. I actually am happy to come to work because I know I don't have to think about the wedding. I will find the same escape in running for the next two weeks I hope. Sorry, can't plan, gotta run. That will be just for me. Luckily, my schedule only calls for a 4 miler as the longest run, so that won't take too much time. Just the right amount of escape.

I also lost 2 pounds last week and the wedding dress couldn't fit better! All is well in that arena too. I need only 2 more pounds to have lost 10% of my weight since joining Weight Watchers almost 1 year ago! 10% was only 15 pounds ladies and gents...yeah...I'm a slow starter. I know, I know, I KNOW I can get there on or before April 4th. Then, the honeymoon is going to cut right in the middle of me trying to get to my lifetime goal weight. That kind of bums me out, because I've really been doing great. I don't want any setbacks. I'm focused. And it took a long time of doing to get me to feel this way. As I have written before and still maintain, you get motivated after doing...not waiting to feel the motivation and then doing.

I can't wait to just be married. Life will still be crazy. We'll still have a million things scheduled. I'll still be trying to eat right and exercise. But I won't have to leave the one person who helps me through all this anymore. I won't have to say goodnight and go to my own home. We'll have each other from then on. I can't wait.

No comments: