Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Hush Falls Over the Crowd


All's quite on the front line. I'm a little antsy. Like I have all this pent up energy that is not being exerted anywhere. Huh. I never thought I would find it difficult to take it easy.

I'm ready, sure, but apprehensive. In the way that you know you have something huge looming and the task seems daunting and overwhelming. Like most other things in my life, I've just tried to ignore it.

I know it will be EXCITING. I know I'm gonna feel so BLESSED to be in that starting corral. I'm totally focused on the GLORY. But that pesky feeling of impending work and pain keep side tracking me.

So far for this marathon, I've stopped drinking alcohol (most of the time), I've put on weight, I'm about to experience a lot of pain which will quickly be forgotten when they put a medal around my neck, I'm tired all the time, I've got chafe marks that won't go away.....wait am I training for a marathon here or was I pregnant? Just kidding.

This whole wonderful experience will be coming to a close in a few days and for that I am a little sad. You only get one go around for the first time of anything. I've enjoyed it all. Even in the last few weeks when I was getting a little burned out. I know I've changed. My views towards running have actually changed. This is already great. The work ahead and finishing is only the final scene.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I find your story so inspiring!! Your determination is awesome. Tomorrow will go GREAT! (And clear skies, yippeeeee!)

I'm running the 10-Mile - also put on weight. What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

LOL Emily. You crack me up with the pregnancy thing. That is one marathon that I will be able to hold your hand though. lots. of love and GS.
t