Sunday, October 19, 2008

Blech.....

Ug. Blaaaaa. eh.

I was supposed to run 8 miles yesterday.

Didn't happen.

I was supposed to run 8 miles today.

Didn't happen.

I am supposed to run 8 miles tomorrow.

Is it gonna happen?

I sure as heck hope so. I'm in a running funk. I think I need to have an honest conversation with myself and it goes like this. This run, might suck. It might be really hard. You might feel defeated, deflated, discomfort and downtrodden. But the important thing is that I DO IT. It's not too late. I haven't lost it yet. I certainly can't wait much longer, but it's not to late. I just need to get right back on that horse. Find a small shred of motivation somewhere in my body and nurture it until it is in full bloom again. Like it was for the 10 mile. I've got about a month and a half until the Vegas Half, and that race was supposed to be my race of the year. So tomorrow, I'll allow myself NO option. Not one single shred of an excuse. There is no question; no doubt. I put my shoes on, and walk out that door. And then whatever happens, I've got to find one thing to feel good about. It will probably be the fact that I did it. No matter how much I walk, no matter how cold I get or how tired I am. I've got to do this. I cannot remain on this slide.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm cheering you on so you can get out of your running funk!

*jen* said...

I struggle with the same damn thing all the time!! I hope you get out of your funk soon. :)

*jen* said...

P.S. I'm tagging you. Check out my blog for details.

SueBob said...

Found your blog through *jen*'s.

I have been struggling through a funk myself lately...and am running my first half tomorrow! I hope you can pull yourself out and really be ready to kick some booty in Vegas!